Martin Z. Rosenbaum
Martin Z. Rosenbaum, Barrister & Solicitor - Direct line (416) 364-1919 - Email
Martin Rosenbaum is a Canadian lawyer who practices in the areas of corporate and commercial law, litigation and human resource law appearing before the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, the Ontario Court of Appeal and the Ontario and Canadian Labour Relations Boards. Martin is a founding partner of Rosenbaum & Ibe LLP and has over twenty years of experience on Toronto's Bay Street.
Corporate and Commercial Law: Martin's corporate and commercial practice includes mergers, acquisitions and dispositions (including cross-border transactions), leveraged buy-outs, secured and unsecured lending, private placement financings, restructuring and loan workouts. He also provides strategic advice and representation to clients on US-Canada cross border issues.
Litigation: Martin represents individuals and companies in shareholder disputes, injunctions, corporate governance issues, labour and employment matters and various other contractual disputes.
Martin's clients include privately held companies, US and other foreign corporations, emerging growth companies, as well as not-for-profit organizations. Martin is knowledgeable on cross-border business law issues. Companies in the United States and other countries turn to him for counsel on their Canadian acquisitions, operations and investment activities, including the establishment of branch or subsidiary operations and ongoing legal representation through all phases of growth.
Martin's corporate experience and wide network of business contacts and professional associates enable him to add value to his services by introducing clients to business contacts, leads, opportunities and strategic partnerships.
- B.Com. 1982, B.C.L. 1986 and LL.B. 1986, McGill University
- Called to the Ontario Bar in 1988
- Harvard Law School Negotiation Workshop 2005
- Instructor, Bar Admission Course, Law Society of Upper Canada 91 to 01
- Ontario Superior Court, Commercial List User's Committee
- Former Chairman, Ontario Chapter, American Chamber of Commerce in Canada 2008-2011
- Counsel to several U.S. Telcom companies.
- Counsel to software developers.
- Canadian counsel for several FOREX and CFD market dealers in Canada and abroad.
- Counsel to a prominent human resources, staffing and outsourcing firm.
- Counsel to a regional fuel distributor.
- Canadian counsel for large U.S. security systems company.
- Canadian counsel to a large OEM safety products manufacturer and distributor.
- Counsel to a large Canadian distributor of powersports parts and accessories.
- Counsel to a large Canadian hydraulic press manufacturer.
- Counsel to various Canadian distributors and wholesalers.
- Regularly represents numerous growers and distributors of perishable agricultural products.
- Represented a large Canadian telemarketing company.
- Represented several chains of retail stores.
- General counsel to a multinational telecommunications company.
- Acted as general North American Counsel for a large multinational consumer electronics manufacturer.
- Labour counsel to numerous construction companies.
- Counsel to a prestigious Canadian jewelery auction house.
- Acted for an Italian manufacturer of garments in tracking and seizing goods from Italy, through Holland and Montreal to Ontario.
- Acted for an Eastern European state textile co-operative in extensive litigation in Ontario.
- Acted for a German leather goods manufacturer to recover monies due for the large scale supply of Canadian retail operations.
- Appointed by the Bankruptcy Court to be the facilitator between a national bank in Germany and the Bankruptcy Court in Canada.
- Canadian Counsel to a US railroad.
- Involved in representing a foreign government in litigation in Canada to protect state secrets.