Vanessa A. Ibe
Vanessa A. Ibe, Barrister & Solicitor - Direct Line (416) 364-1919 - Email
Vanessa A. Ibe is a partner at Rosenbaum & Ibe LLP and practices in the areas of corporate and commercial law, litigation, employment, construction and real estate law. She represents individuals and businesses with respect to a wide range of their commercial needs including incorporation and corporate organization, contract drafting, contract review and negotiations.
Prior to being called to the Ontario Bar in January of 2013, Vanessa had over 10 years of experience working in the legal field. She was also the Operations Manager of the Ontario Chapter of the American Chamber of Commerce in Canada from 2008-2011.
Vanessa obtained her Honours Bachelor of Arts from University of Toronto in 2008, completing a double major in Political Science and Commerce. She then obtained her law degree from the University of Windsor in 2012. While she was in law school, she received many awards for academic achievement and mooting including:
- University of Windsor Board of Governors Medal for the J.D. Program
- McCarthy Tetrault LLP Prize
- Ogilvy Renault LLP Award
- Harold G. Fox Bursary
- Essex Law Association Centennial Scholarship
- Canada Law Book Limited Award
- Niagara International Moot Competition Champion
- Windsor Law Best Team Moot Performance
- Donald F. Sim Award for the Best Oralist in The 2012 Harold G. Fox IP Moot
- Dean's Achievement Award for Traditional Advocacy